Your New Career
Your Dental Assistant Program will help you gain the wide variety of patient care and office skills you'll need to perform when you are hired.
- Earn your Career Diploma at home in as little as six months by studying just an hour a day for your new career.
- You'll be ready to enter a field with excellent job opportunities
- Dentists will continue to hire assistants to perform routine tasks so that they may maximize their time performing more profitable procedures.
Your New Career Opportunities
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, job prospects for Dental Assistants are projected to grow much faster than the average. In fact, Dental Assistants are expected to be among the fastest growing occupations over the 2008-18 period. Population growth, greater retention of natural teeth by middle-aged and older people, and an increased focus on preventative dental care for younger patients will fuel demand for dental services. Older dentists will be replaced by recent graduates, who are more likely to use one, or even two Dental Assistants. Job openings for Dental Assistants are expected to increase nearly 36% through 2018.*
Your New Skills
You'll learn every important part of being a Dental Assistant:
- Working efficiently with the dentist
- Communicating effectively with patients
- Disinfecting dental tools properly
- Managing a dental office
*Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2018. Source: "National Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix," a publication of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.