Your New Career
You can work for a local florist or
make money doing floral arrangements for local businesses. Work with caterers
or brides-to-be, helping them to choose the right arrangements for their events.
Work for an established floral shop, supermarket or retail store floral department.
Use your skills to earn extra money and save money designing your own arrangements
for gifts and holidays.
Many Floral Designers run their own businesses. They take on the jobs they want and plan their own schedules. They set their own fees and keep the profits to invest in their business or spend as they see fit. You too can enjoy career independence when you choose this exciting career!
The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook states, "The completion of formal design training is an asset for floral designers, particularly those interested in advancing to chief floral designer or in opening their own businesses."
Your New Skills
Learn the skills you need to begin a career as a Floral Designer by completing the Floral Design training program at home.
You'll learn every important part of being a Floral Designer.
- The basics. Selling with unique designs; care and handling of flowers; classification of flowers, plants, and foliage; materials and tools; choosing the right flowers.
- Design techniques. Elements and principles of design: line, space, texture, form, color, composition, scale, and balance.
- Designing for weddings. Conducting the bridal consultation; working within a wedding budget; bridal boutique design methods and styles; coordinating the attendants with the bride.
- Working with potted plants. Selecting the right plant; caring for potted plants; designing commercial and home plant displays; diagnosing and treating common plant problems.
- Working with artificial flowers. Advanced artificial and dried designs; working with dried, wax, and other artificial accessories.
- Designs for major holidays: Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, and New Year's Eve, innovative party designs and gift baskets.
Your New Diploma
Earn your Floral Design Career Diploma at home in as little as seven months by
studying just an hour a day for your new career. Expert instructors and support
staff – dedicated to helping you complete your coursework – will
be just a phone call or an email away.