Your New Career
After you learn everything from soil, tree, shrub, and turfgrass science and management to how to manage your own landscaping business, you'll have the skills you need to do the job right.
- Earn your Landscaping Technology Career Diploma at home in as little as six months by studying just an hour a day for your new career.
- Work for commercial or residential builders, government agencies, or recreational facilities.
- Open your own landscaping business and watch it grow.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor expects an 18% increase in the number of job openings by 2018.* Building owners recognize the importance of "curb appeal" and are expected to use grounds maintenance services more extensively. Homeowners also are expected to continue using landscaping services to maintain the beauty and value of their property.
Your New Skills
You'll learn every important part of being a Landscaping Technician.
- Soils and fertilizers
- Pest management
- Landscape tools use and safety
- Servicing lawn mowers and riding mowers
- Tree and shrub identification
- Design for residential and commercial properties
- Turfgrass science and management
- Specialty landscapes
- Opportunities in the landscaping industry
- Managing your business
- And much more!
*Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2018. Source: "National Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix," a publication of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.