Your New Career
Medical Administrative Assistant is one of the fastest growing careers in health care. Learn administrative duties such as updating medical records, filling out insurance forms, and scheduling appointments. Also, learn clinical responsibilities like taking medical histories and explaining treatments. Get the training you need to begin your career in this exciting profession!
- Earn your Career Diploma at home in as little as one year by studying just an hour a day for your new career.
- Learn medical terminology and procedures, so you'll understand clinical duties wherever you work.
- Gain PC and administrative skills to help a medical office run efficiently and effectively.
Your New Salary
The demand for Medical Administrative Assistants is expected to grow nearly 34%through the year 2018.*
While starting salaries vary by the area of the country and type of medical facility you work in, you may increase your earning potential by passing exams given by national accrediting associations like the American Medical Technologists, or associations in specialized fields such as Ophthalmology or Podiatry.
Your New Skills
You'll get the knowledge you need to begin your career as a Medical Administrative Assistant.
- Introduction to Allied Health
- Law and Ethics in Allied Health
- Body Systems/Terminology
- Mathematical Applications
- Basic Pharmacology
- Insurance Form Preparation
- Medical Information Management and Office Practice
- Clinical Procedures
- ...and more
* Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2018. Source: "National Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix," a publication of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.