Your program consists of five courses designed to take you step-by-step through the applications of Microsoft® Office 2010.
Here's how it works
Your first course will be sent immediately after your enrollment has been accepted. Other courses will follow as you complete your exams, so that you will always have materials to work with.
You will need access to a Microsoft® Windows®-based computer and high-speed Internet in order to complete your program with Penn Foster.
You will complete the following courses in the order indicated to earn your Microsoft® Office certificate.
Program Goal and Outcomes
Program Goal: To provide a review of PC and Internet basics as well as detailed instruction to students about how to use the Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as how to integrate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Comprehend computer and information literacy skills
- Demonstrate the fundamental skills needed to use the MS Word word-processing application
- Create new Word documents, edit and format existing Word documents, add graphics and tables to Word documents, and merge Word documents
- Demonstrate the fundamental skills needed to use the MS Excel spreadsheet application
- Use the basic elements of Excel, create and use simple and complex formulas and functions, incorporate useful charts and graphs, add, delete, sort, and lay out table data
- Demonstrate the fundamental skills needed to use MS PowerPoint presentation application
- Create a PowerPoint presentation, work with PowerPoint tools, tables, and charts, apply Slide Master, shapes, and effects to a presentation, insert hyperlinks, illustration objects, and media clips
- Identify the tools used to integrate Word and Excel files
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to integrate an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document
- Identify the tools used to integrate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to integrate a Word document and table, and Excel chart with a PowerPoint Presentation
CSC005 PC Basics
Lesson 1 - First Steps in Using a PC
Lesson 2 - Using Windows®
Lesson 3 - Internet Basics
CSC035 Word 2010
Lesson 4 - Microsoft® Word 2010
Lesson 5 - Microsoft® Word Graded Project
CSC040 Excel 2007
Lesson 6 - Microsoft® Excel® 2010
Lesson 7 - Microsoft® Excel® Graded Project
CSC045 PowerPoint 2010
Lesson 8 - Microsoft® PowerPoint 2010
Lesson 9 - Microsoft® PowerPoint Graded Project
CSC050 Integrating MS Office Applications
Lesson 10 - Integrated Projects for Presentations
Lesson 11 - Graded Project: Integrated Projects for Presentations
Lesson 12 - Integrating Word with Excel®
Lesson 13 - Graded Project: Integrating Word with Excel®
Online Library and Librarian
Students in Penn Foster Career School have access to an online library for use during their studies. Students can use this library to do the required research in the courses they complete or can use it for general reference and links to valuable resources. The library contains helpful research assistance, articles, databases, books, and Web links. A librarian is available to answer questions on general research-related topics via email and to assist students in research activities during their studies with Penn Foster Career School International.
We reserve the right to change program content and materials when it becomes necessary.
Microsoft, Windows, PowerPoint, and Excel are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation registered in the United States of America and/or other jurisdictions.
IBM is a trademark of IBM Corporation registered in the United States of America and/or other jurisdictions.
Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries registered in the United States and other countries.