Your New Career
More and more, Administrative Assistants are being given managerial duties and responsibilities. When it comes to being a vital part of the office team, you'll have the skills for the job.
- Earn your Career Diploma at home in as little as six months by studying just an hour a day for your new career.
- Take advantage of networking opportunities with your student membership in IAAP, the International Association of Administrative Professionals, the world’s premier organization for office professionals.
- Work side-by-side with professionals — managers,
buyers, accountants, and choose
from many different kinds of businesses.
Secretaries and Administrative Assistants are employed in organizations of every type. Around 90 percent are employed in service-providing industries, ranging from education, and healthcare to government and retail trade.*
The U.S. Occupational Outlook Handbook states, “Administrative assistants generally advance by being promoted to other administrative positions with more responsibilities. Qualified administrative assistants who broaden their knowledge of a company's operations and enhance their skills may be promoted to senior or executive secretary or administrative assistant, clerical supervisor, or office manager.” Apply the skills you learn in your training program diligently for a successful and secure future.
Your New Skills
You'll learn every important part of being an Administrative Assistant.
- Written communication skills that are vital to performing your everyday duties flawlessly.
- Telephone, filing, and scheduling skills that help make the office run more efficiently.
- Personal computer skills and
how to use the latest software
programs to create business documents
and keep records.
- How to handle finances and use reference materials to handle everyday tasks and make your business more profitable.
- How to use the latest office technologies, such as wireless transmissions and image systems.
Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition,"
a publication of the U.S. Department