Your New Career
You’ll gain telecommunications knowledge and practice hands-on training with the tools of the trade throughout your program. By the time you earn your Career Diploma, you'll be confident you have the skills to do the job right!
- Earn your Telecommunications Technician Career Diploma at home in as little as 16 months by studying just an hour a day for your new career.
- Then you’ll be well-prepared to begin an exciting new career as a Telecommunications Technician.
Your Salary as a Telecommunications Technician
You can earn, on average, $55,000 a year as a Telecommunications Technician.* With experience you can earn more.
Applicants with electronics training and computer skills should have the best opportunities for telecommunications jobs. The growing popularity of the Internet, expanded multimedia offerings such as video on demand, extending high-speed communications to customers, and other telecommunications services means telecommunications networks will need new technicians.
Your New Telecommunications Skills
You'll learn every important part of being a Telecommunications Technician. Your program covers topics such as:
- The Nature of Electricity
- Insulators, Conductors, and Batteries
- Alternating Current in Electronic Circuits
- Inductors and Capacitors in AC Circuits
- Transformers for Electronic and Other Applications
- Computer Applications in Telecommunications
- Troubleshooting with Meters
- Using Basic Oscilloscopes
- And much more!
*Salary information is based on the "Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition",a publication of the U.S. Department of Labor. Individual student earnings vary based on experience.