Learn the skills you need to become a Veterinary Assistant - online, at your own pace, with Penn Foster Career School International.
Work with animals! The Penn Foster Career School NAVTA Approved Veterinary Assistant Program can help you make a difference. Your abilities can keep animals healthy, nurse them when ill — even save their lives! Train quickly and conveniently.
Our Veterinary Assistant Program is one of two online programs with approval from National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA). When you graduate from Penn Foster, you will be prepared to join the veterinary workforce. At the end of the Penn Foster Vet Assistant program, you are eligible, but not required, to sit for the Approved Veterinary Assistant examination. Upon successful completion of the exam you will earn the title of Approved Veterinary Assistant.
Throughout your program, you will learn how to:
- Monitor and care for animals after surgery
- Maintain and sterilize surgical instruments and equipment
- Help provide emergency first aid and medication to sick or injured animals
- Obtain animal health histories and records
And your coursework can all be done at home — no classroom needed! You’ll learn valuable information about animal-related issues from care and handling to veterinary practice and administration.
Start a rewarding career in a growing field.
Why take a Veterinary Assistant training program? With the right credentials and hands-on training, you can:
- Be an important part of a professional veterinary staff.
- Work at a veterinary hospital, animal shelter, kennel, or laboratory.
Demand for professional Veterinary Assistants will rise nearly 10% through 2022.* Pet owners increasingly take advantage of veterinary services, spurring employment growth for Veterinary Assistants. That means more opportunity for you!
Contact Penn Foster Career School Today.
We’ll send you FREE information – with absolutely no obligation! Find out more about Penn Foster NAVTA Approved Veterinary Assistant training that includes:
- All the books and learning aids you need
- Special charts and videos to demonstrate veterinary procedures
- Unlimited instructional support
- Access to student services by website, phone, and mail
Get more information today and in as little as six months from enrollment, you can be on your way to a career as a Veterinary Assistant!
* Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2022. Source: "National Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix," a publication of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.