Your New Career
As a Carpenter, you’ll enjoy the creativity of building a structure with your own hands, the freedom of working outside and in differing locations, and the satisfaction that goes along with doing an important job, and doing it well. Work for a building firm, a contractor, or even start your own business and be your own boss—whatever career path you choose, you'll have the skills for the job.
- Earn your Career Diploma at home in as little as six months by studying just an hour a day for your new career.
- Learn the latest techniques and standards of the carpentry business.
With new houses being erected daily, and old houses constantly needing repairs, Carpenters are almost always in demand and can command top dollar for their services. And job opportunities for Carpenters are projected to increase by 10% through 2012.* Most employers prefer hiring Carpenters with specialized training, so this might just be the time for you to get in on this profitable and rewarding field.
Your New Skills
You'll learn every important part of being a Carpenter.
- You’ll learn how to read and interpret blueprints and floor plans.
- You’ll learn about the different types of lumber, fasteners, and moldings.
- You’ll learn how to use power tools and hand tools.
- You’ll learn how to work with wood, roofing, concrete, and much more.