Your New Career
You can work for a tailor, dress shop, fashion designer, or make money in your own business, designing, repairing, and altering clothing in your own home. The opportunities are plentiful; whichever you choose, you'll have the skills for the job.
- Earn your Career Diploma at home in as little as seven months by studying just an hour a day for your new career.
- Start your own business. Work part-time from home, or open a full-time Dressmaking shop of your own.
Your New Skills
You'll learn every important part of being a Dressmaker.
- The basics. The sewing machine, basic dressmaking processes, fibers and fabrics.
- Design techniques. Line and design in fashion, embroidery, and garment decoration.
- Designing by draping. Using and customizing a dress form, creating original clothing designs.
- Alterations and fitting. Altering and fitting necklines, armholes, sleeves, waistlines, and more.
- Decorative features. Applying ruffles, tassels, beading, and custom fasteners.